Irstoint
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how in god's name do i set up my system?

Go down

how in god's name do i set up my system? Empty how in god's name do i set up my system?

Post  martin2020 Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:04 pm

hello to all of you audiphiles and philettes!
ok, this is the very first thread i have ever posted anywhere anytime in my entire life.
i have spent months trying to figure out what receiver to buy to connect to my HDTV and PS3 and all of my speakers. I am confident that some or most of you (hey, maybe all of you) can give me some step by step help with the set up.

OK. here's what I have:
Sony STR-DG720
Sony Playstation 3 (80gb motor storm bundly backward compatible)
Vizio 46" HDTV with HDMI connections and optical audio connect
Comcast HD box top cable box (with HDMI)
2 floor standing front Pioneer speakers (2x 5 1/4 + tweeter)
KLH 10" powered subwoofer (rca connect) 125 Watts
2 Altec Lansing rear surround
1 Altec Lansing center

My receiver arrives Friday and I would love to set everything up and connect it all so it actually works. I am a newby, not an audiophile. I have read a zillion threads on LCPM v Bitstream etc. I don't even know what the acronyms stand for. compressed something?
Anyway, i bought the 720 after surfing threads on playstation 3 compatibility and the general consensus was that this was an entry level unit that would do the job via a reas. price. I am now uncertain about whether my ps3 can decode on its own the DTS HD yadda yadda. I hope I shouldn't have gotten the 820 but I got this off ebay for $98 plus shipping brand new in the box (not refurbished). just a guy who needed quick cash and had a stellar feedback rating.

So, can anyone give me a nice easy quick setup synopsis that will allow me to plug and play?....and when i turn on the ps3 guitar hero game I will get some serious bass action? rather than silence, frustration and general all around agitation?

it's all yours. let's see who knows their engineering out there, let's seperate the men from the boys and the women from the girls. let's do this!
Roller Blinds|Blackout Roller Blinds

martin2020

Back to top Go down