Irstoint
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Herschell Gordon Lewis

Go down

Herschell Gordon Lewis  Empty Herschell Gordon Lewis

Post  martin2020 Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:41 am

Anyone a fan of the Progenitor of Splatter's work?

Thus far, I've only seen The Wizard of Gore (both the original and the remake) and 2001 Maniacs. I'm currently interested in seeing Blood Feast 2.

I enjoyed The Wizard of Gore for its unique concept. I've yet to see another Horror Movie copy its formula.

Admittedly, I liked the remake better than the original, partially because now that special effects have improved, the gore appeared convincing. Additionally, both the script and the acting was much better. This time an intricate plot was present.

Although I wish Crispin Glover had a mustache. That's one edge Ray Sager had over him in their shared role as Montag the Magnificent.

I found 2001 Maniacs to be kitsch. I know it was intentional (predictable from New England Jew Eli Roth), but goddamnit, it began to grate on my nerves. It went beyond mere redneck jokes into downright degradation and defamation. At least a bunch of Aberzombie preppies and Hollister whores get mutilated.

Any thoughts?

martin2020

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum